I know what you’re thinking- healthy ramen?! Like the packaged, sodium filled artificial chicken, beef, pork or vegetable flavored white noodles we all used to love and eat daily as a kid?!
YES! That’s the one! That is what I am talking about. And that is what has been replicated. Seriously. I was as shocked as you probably are- and so was my husband.
This healthy ramen takes 3 minutes, is Gluten-Free, Vegan, and made with just 4 Ingredients: rice noodles, tamari, red pepper chili paste, and tumeric.
I would be lying if I said I haven’t made this 3 days in a row. It is THAT GOOD.
It’s so versatile too! You can mix in tofu & veggies for a hearty meal, or even serve them on the side! It’s a perfect meal in itself, or compliment to any asian dish.
Interested in the health benefits of this recipe? It is made with 100% Whole Food ingredients, which means that your taste buds will love it- but your body will too! It will be digested easily and you will gain good energy from these noodles!
- Rice Noodles- This recipe includes 100% pure rice vermicelli noodles (and you can even buy organic if desired). There are no added flours or “enriched” anythings. Bonus?! Rice is naturally Gluten-Free!
- Tamari– Tamari is a great alternative to soy sauce because it is Gluten-Free. It also uses less sodium so it can be a great alternative to table salt. Read more about Tamari here.
- Red Chili Paste- This delicious addition to the meal adds some great spice- which is great for flavor and healthy digestion! I love red chili paste because it isn’t too spicy, but just enough. Make sure to get your chili paste from a healthy source because sometimes they are over-loaded with sugar to balance out the spice. Also, if you are completely Vegan- make sure you check the ingredients (some contain anchovies!)
- Tumeric- Ahhhh Tumeric… Known as Nature’s Tylenol, it is a natural anti-inflammatory agent with many other health benefits! Tumeric has a strong taste, so you just need a bit! You can find it in powder form, or root form (like ginger). You will probably receive the most health benefits from root form. For this recipe, I used powder, but you can use whichever!
Alright, I think you’ve waited long enough! Onward to the recipe!
In just 3 minutes you can redo your childhood favorite meal- except this time it will be Vegan, Gluten-Free, and made with 100% Whole Foods! A great side or meal.
- 1 serving Vermicelli Rice Noodles *I used A Taste of Thai brand
- 2 tbsp Tamari *Start with 1 and add the second if you think it needs more.
- 1 tsp Red Chili Paste
- 1 tsp Tumeric Powder
- 2 cups water
Add the water to a small pot and bring to a boil.
Stir in rice noodles and let cook for 3 minutes (noodles should be soft).
Dump out water until you have the desired amount you want for your bowl (some like it very soupy, some don't- your choice!). Stir in ingredients and transfer to a bowl. Enjoy!
- Use any noodles with this- Vermicelli work good for a Ramen-type dish but I have also used soba noodles, which are delicious as well!
Did you enjoy Ramen Noodles as a kid?! What was your favorite flavor? I would love to hear your questions/comments below! Don’t forget- if you try this recipe, please give it a rating as well!