I think it is officially time to bust out the pumpkin recipes.. any objections?!
It’s Pumpkin Time
I think I’ve waited long enough seeing as how I bought my first cans of pumpkin back in July, yes, July! I mean, you gotta plan ahead right?!
I want to kick off pumpkin season with this delicious Chewy Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookie recipe because, well, it’s delicious and thats my only reason! And that it is so simple to make! Delicious and simple. Who’s in?!
My Motto: Delicious & Simple
I don’t know about you, but if I find a recipe that I can throw together and be consuming within about 10 minutes, I’m all for it.
It starts even from the point of first reading the recipe. Somehow I just automatically stop reading if I see too many ingredients. If I see a small list for ingredients, I’m in! And that is how I try to make my recipes as well, because, well- I don’t think I would make them if they had a long list! Again, delicious and simple is the name of the game over here in the Yeatts household.
If your motto is delicious and simple, like mine, you will love these Chewy Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies. They will be in your oven within 7 minutes, and out with another 8. Not to mention easy cleanup! Less ingredients = Less cleanup. #winning.
This is not to skimp on flavor, though.The first time I bit into one of these cookies I was instantly reminded of why I love holiday recipes. Warm, chewy pumpkin spice flavors send immediate spidey senses through your body that gets you in the holiday spirit of love, giving, music, good food, and community. It’s not too early, right?! I mean.. fall is only a coupe days away! If it is too early for you- you know what to do, bookmark this page and return when it’s time!
A simple & delicious fall recipe. Enjoy these vegan, gluten-free cookies that are filled with peanut butter, pumpkin, oats, and fall spices.
- 1/2 cup natural, creamy peanut butter *Or any nut butter of choice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2/3 cup rolled oats *I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free
- 1 tsp maple extract *Optional-for flavor, can also use vanilla extract in place
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice *Or more 🙂
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 flax egg (optiona-see notes) *Flax egg = 1 tbsp ground flax + 2 tbsp water mixed well
Preheat oven to 350F. In a small bowl, mix together oats, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
In a separate, medium sized bowl, add peanut butter, pumpkin, coconut sugar, maple extract, and flax egg (if using). Mix well.
Add in oat mixture and mix well.
Scoop dough balls onto a baking tray and shape as desired. Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!
- I have done this recipe with the flax egg and without. The flax egg will lift and bind the cookies a bit better. I personally liked the recipe better without, but I like my cookies gooey and dense. Up to your own personal preference!
Optional Add In's:
- Extra cinnamon
- Extra sweetener if you like it sweet
- Dairy-free chocolate chips, cacao nibs, or carob chips
- Dairy-free white chocolate chips
- Crushed walnuts
When does “Pumpkin Season” officially start for you? I would love to hear your thoughts on that, this recipe, and anything else! Leave a comment and rating below!